Monday, May 26, 2008

Comic 428: Starwatching

I'm going to be honest: This comic did not make me angry. It didn't make me think about what a hack Randall Munroe is becoming, and while I still want to punch his girlfriend in the face my desire to do so was only marginally increased by this. Really, this falls into the wide, wide category of "Mediocre." Nothing more, nothing less.

Ok, he thinks bloggers are watching over him? Um, ok. Randall still loves Cory Doctorow? Who knew? What, you forgot to tell a joke? Eh, whatever, it happens.

Seriously what's funny about this? Also, are there really that many dead bloggers?

5 comments:

  1. To your critique, I'd like to add that the "you need to get out more"/"you have too much free time"/"uh... Oooooookay" genre of snark is remarkably unfunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first part is intended to be a Lion King reference. Which doesn't make it any more funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Jonathan, apparently the characters in this comic are nerds? Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this comic works better if you postulate a time in the far future when "blog" is a poorly understood legacy term. Also that a kind of shamanistic ancestor worship will occur among "bloggers".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the "in the future people misunderstand blogs and also Cory Doctorow is some kind of god" as first seen in http://xkcd.com/239/. A valid theory. But there's no evidence of the future here.

    ReplyDelete